Blacknose Beauties Online Fancy-Dress Competition 2020
Following from the success & incredible costumes of the Blacknose Beauties fancy dress competition in 2019 we are pleased to launch an online competition this year. Entries are by no means limited to the kids; we would love to see as many of our members as possible getting involved.
There isn’t a theme so let your imagination run wild!
The competition will be split into age groups with the winners of each group going forward to compete for the title of Fancy-Dress Champion 2020.
- Class 1: 8 years old and under
- Class 2: 9 -15 years old
- Class 3: 16 years old & over
Groups: If you would like to compete as a family or group your entry will be put into the age group of the oldest child.
We are very excited to announce that Hannah Jackson, The Red Shepherdess, recently seen on BBC Countryfile and SAS: Who Dares wins has kindly agreed to judge the competitions for us.
Hannah is a first-generation farmer, who has paved a career into the agricultural industry and is making a name for herself as a rural ambassador. She swapped the hustle and bustle of city life to pursue her dreams in the Cumbrian countryside. Now a self-employed contract shepherdess she spends her time on farms in the Lake District and Eden Valley, and is a well-renowned public speaker.
Entry is free. Simply email a short video of the entry, showing the full costume along with a photograph to the society inbox: email@example.com
Please include the following information on the email with your entry:
- Name of competitor/s, age/s, where they are from & flock prefix
- A title for your costume creation
- Please name each video and photo according to the class entry details i.e. Class 1 followed by the competitors name.
Entries will close on Saturday 8th August 2020
Class winners and the overall Fancy Dress Champion will be announced on Saturday August 22, 2020. Prize rosettes will be distributed via Royal Mail postal service following the competition announcements
- Entrants/parents of entrants must be current VBSSUK members.
- All entries must include a Valais Blacknose Sheep, however this can be an ewe, ram, lamb, wether or spitti.
- Videos and photographs may be used for publicity purpose. Should you not agree to this please notify us via email.
- Videos posted via Facebook ‘comments’ will be removed.